These are among the top five stories of February 17, 2017.
- Supporters of Donald Trump claim that they support him for several good reasons: He is doing what he said he would do; Just get out of his way and let him do his job; He is not Obama; and He is different than the rest.
- President Trump many end up in court after all. Donald Trump plans to unveil a new travel ban on the seven countries that the court has already deemed unconstitutional. He plans to reword the ban, to make it about the country and not he religion.
- Philadelphia immigrant workers protested against Trump’s deportation measures by not going to work. This forced many businesses to close for up to two days. The message is spreading that South American workers in the USA fear and oppose Trump’s plan for the wall and deportation.
- Lee Jae-Yong was arrested in South Korea. His is the heir to the Samsung dynasty. He is accused of bribery and extortion.
- Not just smart phones, but smart traps. Scientists are showing the new mosquito trap that captures species specific insects like the aediles mosquito, known for carrying the Zika virus.